Knitter Bunny's Dutch Rabbits and Yarns
A blog about Dutch Rabbits, Knitting, and Anything else that crosses my mind.
Friday, September 17, 2010
Tuesday, May 01, 2007
Sunday, April 29, 2007
All Baby Bunnies
Enjoy! Regular posting to resume sometime, I promise. :)
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Well, not literally. I've forgotten to update you on some things, or I just didn't want to fit it in a post. So, today is dedicated to updating you all on how things are going.
1. Remember way back when, when I joined runagogo? Well, I'm happy to say that I made the 100 mile mark by April 1, actually I made it by Mar. 30, but who's counting? ;) I even signed up for round 2 and have managed 21 miles for this round so far. I love Wesley. :)
2. Remember that sweater that I started for myself in oh, I don't know January-ish? Still haven't finished it. And the shawl that I'm working on that is partially a secret? Still not done. Oh, and the secret project that I'm working on, the one where I ordered yarn from Sheri at the Loopy Ewe and couldn't show you it? Still working on that one too, but I have high hopes that I can show you something soon.
3. I'm making socks. Really cool socks made oout of STR in the Henpecked colorway. I should be done with those soon and we should see Episode 4 of the Sock Hunter soon after that. :)
4. Will is already dating someone else. He started six days after ending our relationship. Rat bastard. I'm doing ok though. Everyone says that hindsight is 20/20 and looking back, I should have dumped that deadweight 3 1/2 years ago. Not only that, but I'm sooooooo thankful that we never got married. Did I mention that he thought that I knitblogged to "RANT. That's all you do right?" (direct quote on that one, grrrrrrrr)
He didn't understand my passion for the knitting, which was about the only passion left in our relationship by the time he broke it off. (smacks head! Should have dumped him a long time before he dumped me)
Also, and now I am ranting, I am a very strong minded, independent, strong willed woman. I am proud of this fact. If you can't speak your mind to me, why are we in a relationship? When I talk to you, I don't expect you to agree with everything I say (or disagree for that matter), but how am I supposed to know that you are bothered if you don't tell me? (end rant)
5. I have muy muy mas conejitos (baby bunnies). They are so darn cute it hurts to look at them. I really need to post pictures. Keep reminding me and maybe I'll remember to take pictures. :)
6. I adore my stinky dog, but he really needs a bath. As in, he's starting to burn my nostrils after he takes a run in the yard.
7. I really need Sheri to take a short break from updating the Loopy Ewe, she needs a vacation, and I need a week where I'm not tempted by all of the goodies. ;)
8. I need to spin more, a lot more, because I now have two fleeces and I need to spin up one of them before the end of the year. Seriously people, how can I keep buying fiber when I'm not spinning very much?
If you made it this far, thanks! I won't be blogging much in the next few days b/c I have two projects due next week and I'm judging the NATIONAL Dutch Show (I'm so excited!) this weekend in Kalamazoo, MI. This is my first national show and it's the breed that I raise, so I'm really nervous too.
Wow! What a long post, I'm off to work on my projects. Have a good night. :)
Labels: odds and ends
Monday, April 23, 2007
I'm a Loopy Groupie!
With this being my sixth order at the Loopy Ewe, I am now an official Loopy Groupie! :) My new status meant a cool Loopy Ewe tote bag and a skein of OnLine sock yarn. I've never tried the OnLine yarn and while it is definitely not a skein in my usual colors, I know that someone will love a pair of socks made from it very much.
Sunday, April 22, 2007
Sock Hunter Episode 3: Common Bush Kiwi
Each additional day spent in the field is yeilding new and exciting finds. My specimen collection has nearly outgrown its container and I fear that subsequent finds shall force me to purchase more containment. In hindsight, my addiction to the Loopy Ewe may have precipitated my fantastic finds as well as my containment problem.
Day sixteen . . . remember to buy more containers. ;)
*US 2 Birch DPNs, Baby Cable Rib from Sensational Socks, twisted German cast-on, Heel Flap (S1, K1 repeat across row, S1, purl across row), my usual 4-point toe decrease, Scarlet Fleece It's Tubular X 2 in Kiwi (yarn from the Loopy Ewe)
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
No Knitting Content Today
Labels: tasty treats