Thursday, April 12, 2007

Anger is Great Motivation

Specifically, I have completely rearranged my room. I now have a knitting nook, albeit not quite finished. Well, actually, none of my room is "finished," but it is close. Check out the yarn and knitting books and implements. :)

I still need to put up curtains and a few pictures and my weavings (all wall hangings, without rods, just another thing that Will never got around to).
Plus my bed now faces the doorway again, and I have a new jar of B&Body Works "body butter" in my new fave scent "Tiare Flower." I put all of the pillows back on my bed. All thirteen of them. :) The yellow quilt and pillows were a gift from a family friend for my HS graduation. I love them, but sadly the family friend is no longer a family friend, as she had a mental break-down related to bunnies and will no longer return my calls. :( The quilt does, however, bring back happy memories from before that time. (Oh, and that beige wall color in the picture above, is VERY accurate. It's not so pretty.)

Finally, I bought a new shelf for my African Violets, and took down the table he gave me. I'm still working on the TV area. I really want a TV stand. Right now it is on a bedstand and I can swivel it towards my chair or bed. :)

So a little more work and I need to put away some things that you can't see in the picutres. Plus I need to find a new spot for the stash. :) Then my room make-over will be complete.

Oh, and, if you are planning on being at the Fiber Event on Friday, I hope to meet you there. Send me an email if you plan to attend.

Labels: ,

16 comments:

At Thursday, April 12, 2007 11:51:00 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Your room looks great! I've been thinking of you, Kelli. Good for you for putting that negative energy into something constructive!

PS Men are stupid :-)

 
At Thursday, April 12, 2007 3:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY its looking good, looking good :) A knitting nook in your own room, I have a whole house and still no knitting nook :(
*hugs*

 
At Thursday, April 12, 2007 3:39:00 PM, Blogger CygKnit said...

What Karen said.

 
At Thursday, April 12, 2007 7:15:00 PM, Blogger Nia said...

I love the violet ladder, it is so pretty with the sun shining through.

 
At Thursday, April 12, 2007 9:10:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm going to be there!!!!! I will be in the company of a tall blond with spiky hair. I am a highlighted blond who is a bit shorter than her. I think I will be wearing this capelet over my clothes.
http://chrisknits.blog-city.com/fini.htm
Depends on if it dries in time.

 
At Friday, April 13, 2007 8:23:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your room looks wonderful - sometimes change can be a good thing.

PS Not ALL men are stupid ;o)

 
At Friday, April 13, 2007 9:14:00 AM, Blogger Diane said...

I love your room makeover.

 
At Friday, April 13, 2007 9:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the shelf-I have one that has all my knitting books on it.
Now, find and play"I will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor at least 10 times! Put it on your phone and Ipod and play it,dance to it and feel it. At every wedding, we DeLeeuw women go out on the dance floor and sing this at the top of our lungs! After 30 years, we think the men are begining to get it!!! Really, the song helps-and our little Granddaughters know it by heart along with the story"The Paper Bag Princess"--the point of the story is NO BUMS and women can live happily ever after without Bums! The song helps mend a broken heart. And, watch "The Jagged Edge" with Glen Close and Jeff Bridges. At the end her friend,played by Robert Loggia has a great line about men. It will make you smile and cheer. Then go buy yarn with his share of the food money!!!!!!!!

 
At Friday, April 13, 2007 1:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep, what pat said!
at our family weddings we all dance and sing, very poorly, i might add, to "we are family." has kind of the same idea behind it.
i was at my daughter's house monday and got a phone call that sent me into full gear. cleaned her floors and kitchen.
hang in.

 
At Friday, April 13, 2007 4:20:00 PM, Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

I'm new to your blog. Clicked over from Red Dog Knits. Great idea making changes for your space after your heartbreak. The mental breakdown over bunnies sounds like a good story, but my main question is about those beautiful African Violets? How do you do it? My sweet Granny's name was Violet and she always had a ton of them like you (your picture reminded me so much of hers). I tried to "grow" them once in her honor but failed terribly.

 
At Friday, April 13, 2007 4:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The room looks great. I too love the knitting nook!

 
At Friday, April 13, 2007 9:51:00 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Yay for a new view and some rearranging the decor. It looks great. Your room looks like it is nice and big. What a cozy place to hang out and knit. The yellow and blue quilt is very pretty.

 
At Monday, April 16, 2007 12:31:00 PM, Blogger Dana said...

I hope you're doing better! Sorry you're having troubles!

 
At Tuesday, April 17, 2007 4:10:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi! I'm back from vacation and catching up on everyone's blogs. I'm so sorry to hear your news...

 
At Thursday, April 19, 2007 1:04:00 AM, Blogger Kel said...

Good to see you posting again, girlie! Mwah!

 
At Thursday, August 13, 2009 12:21:00 AM, Blogger the bunny lady said...

I am so curious as to the mental break-up of your friend over bunnies. I am a bunnygroomer and bunny whisperer at my local shelter, and sometimes I get very upset about the way people treat bunnies...they are low animal on the totem poles of shelters......is your friend ok now? What happened. Is there anything I should look out for so I never have a break-down.....?
Curious Vicki
the bunny lady
bunnygroomer@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home